Today's plan was to leave around 9 so we could make St. Louis to see the arch in the early afternoon and then get to the campground with plenty of time to pan for gold, ride on hay, and swim before bedtime. In reality, we left nearly on time, ran in to too much traffic and then managed to follow bad directions to the campground. We eventually made it, but sad to say we waved at the arch as we drove by, we didn't strike it rich and we reprised our arch waving for the hayriders whiles we ate a late dinner.
What was learned today?
1. Camping with kids is harder than I thought.
2. I managed to not stay cool the entire day. I guess there is always tomorrow.
3. Kids (at least at this age) will always love you, even if you get angry, and especially even after you throw one (Ben) too far in the pool that they get water up their nose.
4. God kept us safe, even though we had our little struggles, and in the end I'm writing a blog while Kristi reads a book and I do believe the kids are quiet (cue the uproar!). Looking up and seeing the few stars that poke through the break in the trees, I'd say life is good.
Extra things we learned:
1. Our kids love to sing even though their talent is up for debate:
2. Kayleigh likes hanging on things and I like to prove I can still do it:
3. We like to take lots of pictures
4. See you tomorrow from Tulsa!