Read verses 1-10.
1. Verse 5 says that we have been made alive together with Christ. How did this happen? What does it mean to be alive together with Christ?
- Through God's gift of Jesus on the cross we are made to be alive together with Christ. It means we are no longer children of wrath, but saved imperfect beings living to honor Christ.
2. What does it mean to be saved by grace (verse 5)? What does it mean to be saved by grace through faith (verse 8)?
- V5 - I think this means we are saved as a gift or offering from God. We didn't earn it or deserve it but we get it anyway.
- V8 - The longest journey beings with a single step - The acceptance of God's grace beings with the acknowledgement and trust in Him that by believing in Him and living our lives for him, we are saved.
3. What’s the difference between faith and grace?
- I think grace is an action or gift that is given. Faith is the act of receiving the and accepting the gift.